I love how out-of-town relatives and friends can keep up with a quickly growing little one. Even more I think blogging would be a great way to keep track of milestones and everyday events in our daughter's life. I'm sure looking back over older posts also gives an interesting record of how the parents' perspectives change. If I had started when Abby was younger, I'm sure I'd be looking back on statements like "She's so big" when she weighed half what she does now or "She's so active" when she started rolling over. I'm hoping to create something that captures the moments in Abby's life a little better than the baby book that I have not started filling out yet. Shame on me. But I do have all the important info recorded on the first year calendar.
At her nine month checkup last week, Abby weighed 20 lbs 3oz (72nd percentile) and measured 28.5 in (79th percentile). She's still a chubby little thing but her height and weight are much more proportional than before. At some point, I hope to do a few retrospective posts on the first nine months of her life. I've got to be careful not to promise too much at first.
Abby's latest feats are crawling and pulling up. She spent the month of June rolling everywhere. Her signature rollling style includes having the arm extended just so.
For the last few days, Abby has been starting to pull up. She constantly pulls up to her knees. There have been a couple instances of pulling to standing, both too precarious to be captured on camera. She spotted the giant box containing her new convertible carseat and went over to investigate. She greeted the pictures of the smiling kids on the box by touching their faces with her fingers, much the same way she greets live people. In the picture I snapped she seems to be checking out the product's features and giving her approval.


No comments:
Post a Comment