Thursday, September 4, 2008

Daddy's Girl

I have a few great pictures of Jonathan and Abby that deserve their own post, free of mundane discussion of finger foods. Though Abby is no fan of relaxation, she was willing to sit in the hammock with Jonathan for a few minutes when he got home from work one afternoon.
What a sweet, sweet picture!
We attended our third (and final?) family reunion of the summer this Sunday with Jonathan's dad's side of the family. Here's the whole gang!
Back row (l to r): Linda, Darrell, Tim, Michael, Jonathan, Abby, Mary Beth
Middle row: Amy, Courtney
Front: Brooke, Peyton


Abby wants to "walk" away on those chubby legs, but Brooke keeps her in check long enough for a picture. We just got the good news that Brooke and Peyton will be having a new baby sister or brother next May!

Abby is worn out from working the crowd at the family reunion. Jonathan savors a rare moment when our wiggleworm actually wants to rest her head on Daddy's shoulder.

Earlier in the week, I got this great shot. Abby now holds her own bottle most of the time. She has been able to for a while, but only recently has been willing to hold it and feed herself instead of holding it and squeezing the nipple constantly. Look at her little feet crossed in Daddy's lap.


I couldn't end this post without including a picture of another Daddy's girl. I have always loved this goofy shot (c. 1980) of me and my dad. It looks like we're doing a Gerber commercial but we both seemed to be enjoying ourselves. I may be violating my pledge not to mention finger food in this post, but Abby's teething biscuit (now called biter biscuits) experience reminded me about this picture in my baby album.
While I'm on the topic of old pictures, I couldn't resist adding a few more baby pictures of myself and Jonathan for comparison with Abby.
I get serious with the teething biscuit.

I shop the Sears catalog. Apparently the enjoyment and destruction of all types of printed materials is a long-standing family tradition.

Jonathan's adorable one-year pictures. The general consensus up to this point is that Abby looks like me, but I have to say I can see a strong resemblance between Abby and Jonathan when I look at this photo. Either way, she gets a healthy dose of baby chubs from both of us!

No comments: