Wednesday, January 21, 2009

5-5

I've been tagged by Lindsey to participate in a "meme". "Meme" is a new word for me. Thanks to dictionary.com, I discovered that it is pronounced (mēm) and can be defined as "a unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another."

The directions are...
Open a document or photo folder and choose the fifth folder and then the fifth photo in that folder. Next, post the photo with a description about it and then tag five friends to do the same.

So, here's my photo. It's a real blast from the past and definitely needs some description.




The fifth folder in My Pictures contains dozens of old pictures that I scanned to make a slide show for my parents' twenty-fifth anniversary celebration a couple of years ago. This particular solemn "bride gazing at the bouquet" shot of my stepmom, better known as Jeannie, Momma, or Nene depending on which generation is talking, was the fifth photo in the slide show.

The fifth photo was a snapshot that had aged in storage and didn't scan very well, so I will include a better picture of the occasion that features the entire family. In addition to a better shot of the beaming bride, this photo shows the handsome groom, my Daddy aka Dennis or Papa, in a very snazzy suit! It was 1981, of course:). And notice a not quite two-year-old Mary Beth being moderately cooperative for the picture too.


Not surprisingly, I'm a little late getting this posted. (Sorry Lindsey!) I'm also going to leave something out (5-5 instead of 5-5-5). I'm not going to tag anyone else. Somewhere in the list of random and bizarre rules that I live by, I recall seeing "I don't forward e-mails or tag bloggers" between "Always save room for dessert" and "Turn off the dryer before you leave home." If you have a sneaking suspicion that this so-called rule might be a cover for the fact that my entire bloglist contains fewer than five entries, I will not argue. However, if anyone reading this post would like to participate in the meme and has not already done so, consider yourself tagged.

1 comment:

Lindsey Oliver said...

Great photos! Thanks for participating... even though the meme stops with you. ;) It was neat seeing you at the library the other day. Miss Abby is a doll! Take care.