We steered clear of the rides - that saved us a lot of money & Abby was none the wiser. In a fabulously clever marketing move, a company that sells playground equipment, playhouses, & trampolines set up a demonstration site. We ended spending large chunks of time there each day. It cost $1 each time for Abby to jump on the trampoline. I cannot think of any time when a dollar went to a better use. Of course, when it was time to leave, we had to climb in and physically drag Abby out against her will. On the second day, the company rep said, "She's only the second child the parents have had to drag out so far." We sheepishly said, "No, it was her both days."
Below, Jonathan is fearing for the chick's life, but it survived without receiving a fatal squeeze from little hands.
Abby's favorite part of the fair was the cows. She asked to go back to the cow area again and again. I was determined to get some cow pictures to document her fascination but I was also embarrassed! My family had cows until I was about ten. Back then, we always rolled our eyes at the tourists parked on the roadside taking pictures of cows. But I was a long way from home, so I went for the pictures anyway. Apparently, I'm more of a city slicker than a farm girl nowadays; I showed up at the cow barn in sandals the first day. Not smart!
The parade was a bust. There were no classic cars for Uncle Wayne & Jonathan to enjoy. But Abby liked waving at the cheerleaders & hanging out in the shade with her Aunt "Manny" & Uncle "Bayne".


No comments:
Post a Comment