How does Abby pass the time while waiting for the cookies to bake? Build a tower with the sprinkles containers, of course!
I love this ponytail. Curious litte hands have to investigate the "pony" so it doesn't last long.
For Abby, the best part was tasting the finished product.
A few days later, we had another cookie baking session at Su-Su's house. I was so disappointed that I failed to bring my camera because it was so sentimental for me. Abby was standing on the same stool I used to stand on, doing the same "jobs" I used to do (cutting shapes & sprinkling colored sugar & using a miniature rolling pin) as we made a batch of Kiddie Cookies. These are lightly sweet sugar cookies that have been a Christmas staple at Su-Su's for as long as I can remember and before. Su-Su was a trooper and entertained Abby while I finished the cookies. Said entertainment involved transferring (and spilling) a "bit-a-bit" (Abby's term for a little bit)of flour from one bowl to another and sips of water from no less than five specially chosen cups of various sizes.


No comments:
Post a Comment