I know we're in danger of a bad case of toddler pickiness cropping up at any time, but so far Abby has been willing to eat a variety of foods. She gobbles up any fruits or breads and guzzles her milk when she's ready. She is more selective about meats and veggies, apparently based on texture, but absolutely loves green beans and hamburger steak. Given that she's eating fairly well, we've let her have a tiny taste of a sweet after a meal a few times.
The pictures below show Abby getting her first taste of ice cream from Dad's bowl after supper one night. Much like her parents, Abby is a big fan of Breyer's Oreo Ice Cream.
Abby was a little put off by the coldness at first.
But she quickly got very excited, so excited that she was jogging in place in anticipation of the next bite. We dubbed this little move the "ice cream dance." It has reappeared in several non-food related instances of excitement as well. (I really need to learn how to upload video for situations like this... maybe I'll take time to figure that out soon.)
"Mmm... that was good. It feels like there might still be some on my chin."
I'm pretty sure that "baby's first ice cream" is not an important or newsworthy milestone, but I wanted to remember the story behind the pictures anyway.


No comments:
Post a Comment