Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Celebration #2

Our second Christmas event took place at Nana & Paw-Paw's house on Christmas Eve. I've been attending this party for as long as I can remember. There have been some changes and lots of new family members over the years but the basics are the same - lots of people, food for twice that many people, dessert for three times that many people, presents for kids, and lots of fun for everyone.

Abby was her usual crowd-pleasing self. She loved all the commotion and all the attention. I can never get her to cooperate for a picture with great-grandparents. The best I could do was this action shot of Abby trying to talk Paw-Paw out of his remote control as Nana looks on.


I interrupted someone else's picture of Jaime & Bryson as he looks right at my camera. What a great smile! I can't wait until I can teach Abby to do that. Bryson is at a great age for being super-excited about Christmas. And congratulations to Jaime & Kyle on their engagement!


Abby is getting the hang of tearing into her presents with some help from her daddy. She also got to practice being the present.






Abby loves phones. She was immediately taken with a pink toy cell phone from Nana & Paw-Paw. Unfortunately for Abby, I've come to see the wisdom of my parents maddening practice of not allowing new toys to be removed from the packaging until they arrive at home. We did let her open the Pooh-Bear landline since there was nothing small that could get lost. It was a lifesaver as she took calls with Aunt Alicia and Aunt Vikki during the gift swap game the grown-ups play.






I wish I had been able to get pictures of Abby with more family members, but there was way too much happening. A.J. was very busy playing with his dinosaurs and Makenna wasn't feeling well. Papa was also sick and unable to attend. We'll be celebrating Christmas with them after New Year's when everyone is feeling better.

The gift swap game went on well past Abby's usual 8:00 pm bedtime. We thought it was not going to be a problem as she stayed content at the party and awake in the car until we got home. She went to bed without incident around 9:45 pm. However, the night did not pass without incident.

No comments: