Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Snow Day!

On Monday morning we woke up to the slightest dusting of snow. The snow continued to come down in spurts throughout the day. Much to my disappointment, it never accumulated on the ground. The ground was just a wet soggy mess, but in the air the big snowflakes were so pretty.

We bought Abby this irrestibly cute bunny hat at Target. Every time I've tried to get her to wear it for warmth or cuteness, she just shakes her head and pulls it off. The chin strap only serves to add about five seconds to her pulling off time. I thought it was worth one more try to get a picture of her in the snow. The thrill of seeing white stuff falling from the sky distracted her from the hat so much that she wore it for pictures and for a car ride afterward.

Abby uses the "Oh" face to express her fascination with the snowflakes.


I had to get in on the photo shot, too. Snow and a bunny hat! Guess I was a little excited too.


Jonathan takes off on most Mondays to watch Abby while I work 4 - 5 hours at our local evening high school. The snow showers this Monday caused our local school system to dismiss students just after noon, so evening school was also cancelled for the day. Having spent most of my life as a student or teacher, a snow day and the prospect of "found" time brings me great excitement. This Monday was no different. Since Jonathan was off too, all three of us got to spend the whole day together.

Logically, I should have been disappointed about the snow day since I'm an hourly employee now rather than a salaried one. No school means no pay. But the decision was out of my hands, so I just enjoyed the night off.

No comments: